So, you’ve been selected to be a curator on FrontPageIt. Congrats! We spent a lot of time and energy hand-picking our curators, so we wanted to make being a curator worth your while. Here are the top six ways to help you to grow a following on FrontpageIt, making your time as valuable as possible:
1. Write a short yet engaging description: This may seem like a no-brainer, but your profile summary is key, as people want to know why they should follow you. So go ahead and tell them why you are good at content curation and why they should trust you in finding content relevant to them
2. Choose a clear photo: Show you’re a real person. Again, this is pretty basic, but it makes a big difference. We’ve found photos are more successful than logos.
3. Share your FrontPageIt profile on your website, as well as on your social media channels: This encourages people who are following you on other networks to follow you on FrontPageIt–and bring their friends along who may not be your fan or follower on other networks. Also, be sure to include your social media profiles on your FrontPageIt. It’s a great way for your new followers to find you on other mediums.
4. Share content often, but not too often: We love engaged curators, and users! But there is such a thing as oversharing content–if you post every article you see, that diminishes that article’s importance. We think spacing posts out by an hour or so helps optimize your follower’s feeds.
5. Carefully Curate your Content: We call FrontPageIt a “Social Curation” site because we want it to be social. We want our users to come back to FrontPageIt on their daily commute, or their lunch, or when they’re watching TV at night. We want them to share what they read that day with friends and family. So we encourage our curators to choose news items that are a mix of medium, topic (within your category,) and tone. Also, be careful not to come across as overly promotional with your own posts. Clickbait is the fastest way to lose followers.
6. Have fun with your content! Show your personality
Do you have a tip that might help new curators? Or something we can add that might help you curate better content? Let us know in the comments.